Website Society of St. Vincent De Paul Alameda County
The St. Vincent de Paul Free Dining Room serves a hot, healthy meal Tuesday-Saturday. Located in one of the most distressed neighborhoods in Northern California, the Free Dining Room serves nearly 600 meals on average per day. Join our team of volunteers to help feed those who are hungry. This opportunity is appropriate for groups of up to 15 people.
The items that need to change are anything that has to do with us physically working with our clients (i.e. serve beverages and hand out trays to clients). We are preparing on average 450 bagged take a way lunches for clients. We have contactless pick up for our clients to receive the lunches.
VOLUNTEERS WILL BE ASKED TO:
- Dish food
- Serve beverages
- Hand out trays to clients
- Wash and dry dishes
- Clean tables
- Assist with kitchen prep work
- Organize refrigerators or dry storage spaces
- Attend to all clients that we serve including families, young children, elderly, and disabled
TIME: 9am – 1pm; shifts are available Tuesday – Saturday
COMMITTMENT: One time and ongoing volunteers are welcome
Volunteers will attend an orientation and receive training on their first day of service.
– Must be at least 14 Orientation or Training
– 9am – 1pm Tuesday-Saturday
– Volunteers must be able to stand for at least two hours
For details about this opportunity, email email@example.com