San Diego Art Institute
San Diego Art Institute (SDAI) Gallery Attendants greet guests, respond to inquiries about the exhibition, monitor the safety of the artwork on view, and maintain a clean and orderly environment. They may be the only people a visitor meets from the organization, so they are a key face and voice to represent our mission, vision and values in the highest light.
- Attend a 1-2 hour training workshop and exhibition walk-through, learn study guide materials provided by SDAI, and conduct your own research to prepare for the role.
- Work at least 2 half or full shifts per month, Tuesday to Sunday, 12 to 5 PM.
- Greet visitors as they arrive at the gallery, applying techniques learned in training.
- Provide visitors with information about SDAI and the exhibit and artworks on view.
- Educate visitors about artists behind works of interest and answer any questions asked of them.
- Monitor exhibition areas and ensure guests do not touch, interfere with or pose a risk to the art by enforcing established rules and protocols.
- Work the front desk on which will require training in handling admissions and gift shop sales.
- Assist with opening and closing the show (lighting, computers, video and light maintenance).
- During quiet times, assist with administrative work using a laptop provided by SDAI.
For details about this opportunity, email firstname.lastname@example.org